We hardly ever get pictures taken, we finally had Rebekah Westover take our pics. We love them!

a day with the girls - by duston todd

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Marty, an inspiration...

Okay...so I guess I just sort of journal entry with this blog thing.
Yesterday I went to lunch with my friend Marty. She is amazing. She has Takayasus Syndrome like me. We are two people out of statistics like 1 in 2 million that have this disease. My disease is in remission luckily enough. But Marty is still working toward hers. She is amazing though. You wouldn't believe what she and her family have gone through. I know how hard it can be with health problems, and I complain as sometimes I just can't help it. She on the other hand is so positive all the time. She just recently had a baby. He is almost 6 months old and he is soooo cute. But I have to tell you that she risked her life (very literally) to bring this angel to this world. I admire her strength even though I was very worried about her. Anyway, I just want to tell Marty thank you for being a strength in my life and really understanding as nobody else can about all the worries and thoughts that go through my head about health crap! You are an inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. I love to hear stories like you freind's. She sounds like she is a very strong person Thanks for sharing that in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie you are a beautiful, strong willed woman and I am truly blessed to have someone so special in my life. We are so lucky to have each other because we both know what the other one is going through. I say to you fight for every breath because life is worth it no matter what. You are always in my prayers! Thanks for being a wonderful friend! You always lift my spirit up every time I’m with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, this is Marty's sister Mandy( one of the twins), I couldn't help but to post you a message and let you know how happy I am for you and your cute family that you are in remission. MIRACLE! to say the least. If you are anything like Marty it is because of your faith and trust in the lord. He will always know what you need you just have to ask. After your lunch date with marty, we talked and I could tell in her voice that you had not only brightened her day, but gave her more hope. I'm glad you two have eachother to lean on. You are always in our prayers. Love Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mandy! You are right. I have learned more than I can say by this opportunity the Lord has given me to be molded and refined. I have a long way to go, but I learn so much all the time I really can't say that I regret anything in my life, even the illnesses. Thanks for posting. I admire the love your family has for Marty. You guys are awesome to take such good care of her. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

My two angels!

January - May 2009

So proud of my hubby! Duston's Fine Art work